To tell you the truth i haven't been following the election very closely. I am not into politics, it bores me easily. Which is sort of funny, since for a year or two in elementary school i thought that was what i wanted to do with my life. Apparently not. At least i figured that out before it was too late. My parents are republican, but since I don't follow the issues closely I don't really know if I am going to fall in their footsteps. I do know, however, that I support the war in Iraq, and for this reason (people don't kill me!!!!). I know this isn't really answering the topic question, but i want to get this out of the way first. It might help me sort my thoughts a little. A lot of people over look what Iraq was like before the troops were sent there. It was horrible, the country was (and still is) fighting against its self. People are shooting fellow citizens, neighbors killing neighbors. The government were killing citizens at will, people who did not support them, or maybe said the wrong thing at the wrong time. That is no way to live. I know The war started originally as a quest to find the perceived nuclear weapons, but even if they did not exist, what if they did? And now making Iraq a better place has become a priority, and i think we should stick with it. If we pulled troops out now, the whole country would fall into pieces. there would be chaos. And you can't say that is Iraq's problem, and the U.S. shouldn't have to deal with it, because we are all people, no matter where you live, and no one should have to worry about stepping out into the streets and getting blown into pieces by a suicide bomber. Also, the soldiers knew what they were getting into when they signed up. They wanted to support our country, and they wanted to help. If they did not want to fight then they shouldn't have signed up for the military. So shouldn't we support them in our choice to fight for our country?
Okay i am done with that now. Madelyn please don't yell at me.
So i guess i would vote for McCain for president/ he believes that a long term U.S. presence in Iraq is essential for the country's survival. If you look at the facts, I hope you would see that too. Since I honestly have to say I don't know much more about the issues than that, I think that will be my deciding factor.
In Dominique's blog, she mentioned how Hilary Clinton should become president because she is a woman. Okay, just because you are a woman (or a man) does not mean you will be a good president. So if you all could vote (which i know you can't) i would strongly advise you not to vote for her just because she is a woman. Vote for her because you agree with her on the issues at hand.
Other than that, i think i will put this little political funness on a stand-still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally agree with you on the Iraq war, I think that our country did the right thing and helped better the country of Iraq by rescuing them from dangerous terrorism groups.
I think that you make a good point on how the iraqis lifestyle before was dangerous and bad. Why then though, arent you so upset that our government is doing so very little to help the people in africa who have been fighting for so long? if it was right to fight wars for all people who are suffering, shouldn't we help them too?
I agree with Amy. Thats why i am Obama 08. He wants to sort out the problems in Iraq, set up a government, and leave asap. If it doesn't work, it simply means Iraq does not want our help. Overcoming that could take another 10 years which our economy cannot handle. We entered the war for good reason. When it was found that there were no weapons, we could've taken quick action, set up a form of government, and leave. You are ignoring the economy Amanda. We are in debt trillions of dollars. We are in recession. All of this is chiefly because of the War. It screwed us. If we stay, we get screwed even more. We aren't going to be #1 for long. And Becca, you are wrong. We haven't rescued Iraq from terrorism. We aren't even close. Terrorism can't be ended, especially in such a hostile environment.
I'm not going to yell at you! Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I'll admit that you and I don't see eye to eye, but it's good that you thought your position through.
Post a Comment