Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What i love to do.

This was a really easy topic for me. I love to do lots of things, I can't really pick one, so i guess i will talk about it all.

First, I love love love love love love love to read. It is amazing. I get lost in books all time time. It drives my family crazy. Besides that point, it is just so fun to me to be able to read these amazing novels, and use my imagination to think about exactly what is happening, why, and how. I have to say i tend to over-analyze books, but i like it that way. I think books are way better than movies. Probably because books are way more personal. They allow you so much creativity space and imagination opportunities, compared to television which just throws a line and and image into your face. Another reason i love books is because it has a lot more intimate relationship (not the weird way) with the characters. You are invited into their thoughts and feelings, a privledge impossible to do in a movie. Well unless you want a little thought bubble, but that would just ruin it even more. Books can also be way more detailed. You learn so much more about the character and the situation its amazing. So i love to read.

I also love to run and ski. Both are very relaxing, they relieve stress, and introduce you to new people. I love going out and skiing on a nice cold day with friends, talking and laughing about our day, the wind hitting our faces as we follow the tracks. Running is the same. One downside to running is how hot is can get, but you get used to it. Another thing that is amazing about these two sports is it doesn't take much focus to do, so you can think about other things that are bothering you. Or just anything at all. I get wrapped in my thoughts all the time, it's like your not even running or skiing or anything, your not even there, your in a whole other place. I have figured a lot of things out while doing these activities, it really helps me focus. And probably keeps me sane.

Those three things are top on my list. They are amazing and I love them.

No comments: