There hasn't been any significant impact on my life this year. At least not any that i can think of. Everything that happenedo me helpede continue to grow and find myself as a person, however small or big it might have been.
Although, there was one thing that has changed my life this year, perphaps more than any other one thing. And that was getting my permit. With this piece of plastic, so many opportunities, challenges, and responsibilities appeared. I had to drive on roads where other people drove, i had to actually pay attention when i was going somewhere. I had to learn the rules of the road to keep myself and my passangers safe.
Driving is a huge responsibility. You hold the life of the people riding in your car in your hands. Not only that, but the people driving in cars next to you also count on you not to have a spaz attack and run into every car in sight. Not like I'm planning on doing that. But in all seriousness, driving goes way past your own safety. You have to focus on the safety of everyone around you.
The hardest thing about driving for me is paying attention. Yeah, i know that sounds bad, but i have absolutely no idea how i am going to ever drive alone. I am so easily distracted, it's crazy. My mom has to constantly remind me that we are turning, or to change lanes, or whatever i am not doing at the moment. Not to freak you other road dwellers out or anything. For now, let's just be happy that my mom is in the car too.
I am getting better though. Slowly, with a lot of practice, I am becoming a better and better driver. I would not say that i am great, or even very good, but I am definitely improving. And this whole experience defiantly changed my life this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm not sure that I would have confessed as much as you did. Let me tell you amanda, it REALLY "suprises" me that you are easily distracted! I'm sure you will get tons better. The worst thing is to lose confidence and be nervous or scared when you drive. Perhaps I shouldn't have given the driving lecture, sounds like I might have freaked you out a bit!
Post a Comment